💛 In summer I always enjoy an early-evening walk on our smallholding. No need to get in my car to find nature, I have 8.5ha right here to explore, hoping to see the Barn Owl or some Guinea fowl, but always enjoying the Bluegum trees and beautiful grasses and wild flowers along the way.

Sunday 17 February 2019

Chi-Chi in the Leopard lilies


We’ve been having extremely hot weather and even my chooks have been gasping in the heat. My chickens have no problem with winter, but every summer you can find them listless in the shade, trying to cool off. Unfortunately chickens don’t bath in water (they have sand baths) otherwise that would be a quick solution to cooling off! But they do find shady spots for a bath in the cool sand leaving my garden looking like a volcanic eruption has taken place!

Here Chi-Chi, the youngest of my pet hens, takes a break amongst the Leopard Lilies and ferns.

Camera : Canon EOS 550D
Taken in my garden (Tarlton, Gauteng, South Africa)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...